The confidential GroceryAid Helpline will be available online and via freephone 24/7, including Christmas and New Year.
The industry charity exists to help anyone in the grocery industry, regardless of length of service, across a wide range of subjects, from financial to personal issues.
Trained advisors are accessible via phone, email or online. The Helpline covers a wide range of key areas, such as:
- counselling (online and telephone) for people who have experienced incidents which are harmful or threatening
- comprehensive knowledge base covering a wide range of topics
- financial support, including debt and benefits information
- personal issues, including family, children and relationships
- carers support programme for those who have caring responsibilities
- health and wellbeing, including mental health issues
- help with depression and anxiety
- legal issues through Law Express
The GroceryAid Helpline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is available to all who work, or have worked, within the grocery industry – from the largest factory, to the supply chain and through to the smallest of stores. To contact the Helpline call freephone 08088 021122 or visit www.groceryaid.org.uk