RED Bull has appointed Jon Hughes as off-premise director. Hughes has previously worked for Kimberly Clark and Heineken UK, leading teams across the grocery, wholesale and impulse channels in sales, supply chain and customer marketing roles.
• Mike Hemming is taking on the role of channel director for Mars Petcare. Hemming will be responsible for the pet specialist and convenience channels and will be a member of Mars Petcare’s senior customer development team.
• The Co-operative Group has appointed Rebecca Skitt as its new group HR director. Skitt has 20 years UK and international experience in HR, and has worked for Unilever and Barclays.
• David Forde is taking on the role of managing director for Heineken’s UK business. Since 2009, Forde has been managing director for Heineken in Ireland.
Forde will report to Alexis Nasard, president western Europe and chief marketing officer.
• Imperial Tobacco UK has appointed Eugene Walsh to the role of UK general manager. Walsh joined Imperial Tobacco Group in March 2003. He has been sales and marketing director Russia; sales and marketing director Ukraine; and general director, Ukraine and Moldova.
• Jorge da Motta is taking on the role of managing director of Japan Tobacco International UK division. Da Motta replaces Martin Southgate who retired last month. He joins from his position of regional sales and marketing vice president for Asia region in Hong Kong.
• Scotmid Co-operative operations director Ian Glen has retired after 40 years in retail. Ayrshire-born Glen’s career began in 1972 with Safeway.
Images – Left, Jon Hughes, Red Bull off-premise director. Centre, Eugene Walsh, UK general manager, Imperial Tobacco UK. Right, Mike Hemming, channel director, Mars Petcare.