A funny man once said, in Scotland we don’t have parties, we have “empties”. Tennent’s Lager is doing its part to continue this proud Scottish tradition by offering one lucky punter and 19 friends the chance to win the ultimate “empty” at Wellpark Brewery in Glasgow.
Tennent’s recruited Scottish wrestling legend Grado to help spread the good news in his own style, as he posed with a giant golden ticket outside the brewery.
- 100 smaller golden tickets have been placed into packs of Tennent’s Lager which are on shelves across Scotland right now. Those who discover a ticket will instantly win £50 to spend in the Tennent’s online shop, and once they register their unique code on the Tennent’s website they’ll be entered into a draw to win the big prize:
- Red carpet arrival at the brewery for the winner and 19 friends
- Their name immortalised on the brewery timeline
- A special celebrity welcome on the big TV in reception
- A VIP tour of the brewery with the master brewer
- A three course meal of their choice
- Personalised glasswear
- A bespoke party at the brewery with their choice of theme
- A limo into town
- Overnight accommodation
- Goody bags
- A year’s supply of Scotland’s Favourite Tennent’s lager
Entries can also be accepted via Facebook and Twitter, check: http://www.tennents.com/empty/ for full details.
ATennent’s Lager spokesperson said: “We’ve all been to the odd empty in our time and given our reputation for throwing a good party, we thought we’d host one of our own. We’ve never opened up the brewery in this way before so it’s a cracking prize that’s on offer.
“Whoever wins this will certainly be in the good books with their mates for a long time to come and we can’t wait to see what the winner comes up with as a theme. Empties have a reputation for getting a little out of hand, so we might need to check if Grado’s available to be the bouncer.”
Grado said: “It’s yersel! What a prize up for grabs here troops full run of the Tennent’s brewery for you and your pals with all bells and whistles you could ask for. I’ll be straight down the off license tomorrow to pick up a slab and see if I can find one for myself. I’ve never wrestled in a brewery before and a wrestling themed party would be some buzz. Good luck everybody.”