KOPPARBERG says that while cider is becoming less of a seasonal drinks category ciders still sell better in good weather.
The firm says the brand saw year-on-year growth of 92% in the Scottish off-trade during July and August 2013 and added a further 13% in 2014.
It has introduced 10-packs for its Mixed Fruit and Strawberry & Lime 330ml cans for this summer.
• Bulmers says flavoured cider sales are growing by 31% and it’s responding to that market trend with the launch of 4% ABV Bulmers Zesty Blood Orange in a 586ml bottle.
• Magners agrees that fruit cider is set to be a big player this summer and that it was up 36% in value to the year to the end of January 2015. Head of customer marketing Ed Shoebridge said: “Many purchases are bought for consumption within one hour so it is vital that best-selling lines are merchandised in the fridge.”
• Carlsberg has introduced three new flavours to its Somersby Cider range with 4.5% ABV Apple Burst and 4% ABV Cranberry and Blackberry varieties.
• Jägermeister is running the Root56 campaign to encourage consumers to drink it long over ice with ginger beer and a wedge of lime.
• It’s the first summer for Sourz Rainbow Ice, launched earlier this year. The brand will be the official shot partner of MTV for its Holi Festival of Colours in September.
• Pimm’s Strawberry with a Hint of Mint has been added to Blackberry and Elderflower in the Pimm’s flavours range. It is available in 1L, 70cl, including a price-marked version, and in a premixed can.