MARS has a new UK chocolate chief: Blas Maquivar will take up the role of president Mars Chocolate UK & Global Retail next month.
He is currently regional president for the Mars Latin American chocolate business. His new role will also include running Mars’ global M&M’s world stores and international travel retail division. Maquivar will move to the UK with his family to take up the job. His appointment follows the promotion of Fiona Dawson to Global President for Mars Food, which was announced in September.
• Jez Pegg has joined wholesaler Palmer and Harvey as sales and marketing director. His CV includes P&G, Unilever and Nestlé, giving him experience in trade channels from grocery to foodservice.
Pegg takes up the former role of managing director Martyn Ward, who is now responsible
for Palmer and Harvey Wholesale.
• Shopper Anonymous has a new regional director for Scotland east. Riccardo Mazzoni will manage the company’s mystery shopping and customer feedback systems as well as running motivational customer service and sales training.
• Expansion into mainland Europe means brewer Innis & Gunn has promoted Crawford Sinclair to the role of European director of sales. He joined the Edinburgh-based company in July 2010 and will concentrate on the firm’s new territories: Czech Republic, France, Italy, Poland, Russia and Ukraine.
• Independent drinks company, Quintessential Brands Group, has named William Ovens as its new international commercial director. He was previously managing director of Simon Howie Foods.
• Natural and organic health wholesale distributor, Tree of Life, has two new faces at the top. John Dunne joins in a newly created role as commercial manager. Kirsten Sowerby is the new marketing manager.