Tobacco Retailer of the Year
Tobacco is a vital footfall driver to convenience stores, with adult smokers visiting more often and spending more than other adult shoppers. It is therefore important to ensure that these valued customers are kept satisfied and remain loyal. In Scotland, almost one in five* trips to convenience stores centre around the purchase of cigarettes or tobacco. Adult shoppers are more demanding than ever and will give retailers less than three chances* if their favoured brand is unavailable, losing not only the ongoing value of the tobacco sale, but all other items that are frequently purchased in the same basket.
The winner of the Tobacco Retailer of the Year award will demonstrate the following:
• Range assortment Stocking a tobacco range that reflects the preferences of local adult smokers, merchandised according to category principles.
• Availability Demonstrates the importance of ensuring all tobacco brands are always available for adult smokers.
• Legislation Understands tobacco legislation, how it affects the retail industry and acts as a proactive voice for their peers.
• Market and category knowledge Actively aware of the latest retail trends and applies these to their everyday business, adapting and evolving to demonstrate growth in their tobacco category.
* Source: Convenience Tracking Programme 2015. Research conducted by HIM.
[btn link=”https://form.jotform.com/62476407468970″ target=”_blank” color=”red” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]
British American Tobacco is a leading international tobacco company with brands sold in more than 200 markets.
In the United Kingdom, BAT continues to build its brand portfolio to address the key needs of adult consumers. The key brands for BAT UK are Pall Mall, Cutters Choice and Rothmans.
British American Tobacco is delighted to be associated with the Tobacco Retailer of the Year Award.