Store Manager of the Year
Scotland’s stores play a vital role in communities throughout the country. Some are owner-operated but many are run by some of the most vital people in the industry – store managers. We’re on the search for some of the very best. Are you our Store Manager of the Year?
Judges will be looking for
• Excellent knowledge of the store, its customers, and its place in the local community.
• Excellent people management skills and a commitment to the development of colleagues.
• Great communication with customers.
• Excellent core retailing skills including merchandising, display, ensuring availability, stock control, cost control, wastage control, upselling and making the best of promotional activity.
• Great communication with the owner… or regional manager and other senior management if part of a large group.
• Willingness to feed back and play a full part in all projects and discussions on the store.
• Full knowledge of all legal, regulatory and compliance issues and a strong commitment to responsible retailing.
• Strong interest in the retail industry and a commitment to continuous learning and development.
SPONSORED BY :
Tennent’s Lager is Scotland’s leading alcohol brand and has been brewed since 1885 at the historic Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow, which was built by H&R Tennent in 1740 and today is the oldest running commercial concern in the city.
Tennent’s Lager is known as an industry pioneer, recognised as being the first commercial lager to be produced to scale, and was at the forefront of introducing canned and draught lager to the UK.
Tennent’s Lager is one of a family of Tennent’s products, including Lemon T, a light lager with a refreshing lemon taste, and will be shortly complemented by Black T, a stronger lager based on Tennent’s successful Export range.
[btn link=”https://www.scottishgrocer.co.uk/awards-entry-form/” color=”red” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]