Social Responsibility Award
Social responsibility is an important issue and Diageo Great Britain is looking for Scottish operators of all sizes who lead in this field and provide a model for the entire industry. There are two awards up for grabs, one for businesses with up to four stores and one for businesses with five stores or more. The winners of the Social Responsibility Award will show an awareness of best practice in alcohol retailing. They will have systems in place to ensure that every part of the operation is run in a socially responsible fashion and that every member of staff understands the business’s policies and practice.
Two awards: • Single store business • More than one store business
Judges will look in particular for:
• Awareness of all requirements under licensing and other laws.
• Awareness of national and local policies and guidelines from drinks industry organisations, local licensing and other authorities.
• A robust system to prevent underage drinks purchase and clear communication of the policy.
• Responsible display and promotion of alcohol.
• A monitoring system for incidents and resolutions.
• Good use, where appropriate, of security technology.
• Training programmes that ensure staff are aware of their responsibilities and use best practice.
• Co-operation with local neighbours to minimise disturbance, litter etc.
• Involvement in local initiatives like Crimestoppers.
• Involvement in positive local programmes which benefit local social life and community health, like local festivals and gala days, sports events etc.
SPONSORED BY :
Diageo Great Britain is the mainland sales and marketing company of Diageo plc. One of the world’s leading consumer goods companies, Diageo operates in more than 200 countries, with a strong array of brands, a long track record of industry leadership in Corporate Social Responsibility and an ambitious growth strategy.
The company invests heavily behind proven advertising, promotion and innovation to ensure its brands – which include Smirnoff, Guinness, Bell’s, Gordon’s, Morgan’s Spiced and Baileys – are in the minds of Scottish consumers all year round. This is combined with strong partnerships with the trade and communities and a long-term focus on responsible marketing and the promotion of responsible drinking.
[btn link=”https://scottishgrocer.co.uk/awards-entry-form/” color=”red” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]