Responsible Retailer of the Year
This award is looking for examples of excellence among retailers who are committed to tackling problems such as underage drinking and smoking in their communities.
As businesses contend with an influx of new requirements and new legislation – while facing ever-greater scrutiny – this award recognises those retailers who have made responsible trading their top priority.
Judges will look in particular for:
• High standards of management in selling age-restricted products, such as alcohol, tobacco and fireworks.
• Awareness of all requirements and responsibilities (both existing and incoming) in the sale of such products.
• Effective training on youth access prevention to ensure all staff can confidently prevent under-age sales and avoid conflict.
• Prominent use of signage/display that keeps customers informed and up-to-date with new legislation on tobacco, alcohol, etc.
• Evidence of a pro-active attitude when preparing staff and premises for the impact of new legislation.
• Innovation, whether developing training techniques, voluntarily imposing restrictions on ‘problem’ products or other new ideas.
SPONSORED BY :
Imperial Tobacco is the UK’s number one tobacco manufacturer. Our product portfolio includes leading tobacco brands Lambert & Butler, JPS, Player’s, Golden Virginia and Gold Leaf. We’re extremely proud of our long-standing association with the Scottish Grocer Awards and the Responsible Retailing category. Responsible retailing should be at the forefront of all retailers’ minds and we look forward to recognising this excellence and congratulating the winners at the 2015 ceremony.
[btn link=”https://www.scottishgrocer.co.uk/awards-entry-form/” color=”red” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]