Responsible Retailer of the Year
This award is looking for examples of excellence among retailers who are committed to tackling issues including underage drinking and smoking, as well as the sale of counterfeit tobacco, in their communities.
As businesses contend with an influx of new requirements and new legislation – while facing ever-greater scrutiny – this award recognises those retailers who have made responsible trading their top priority.
Judges will look in particular for:
• Management: High standards of management in selling age-restricted products, such as alcohol, tobacco and fireworks.
• Knowledge: Awareness of all requirements and responsibilities (both existing and incoming) in the sale of such products.
• Training: Effective training on youth access prevention to ensure all staff can confidently prevent under-age sales and avoid conflict.
• Display: Prominent use of signage/display that keeps customers informed and up-to-date with new legislation on tobacco, alcohol, etc.
• Preparation: Evidence of a proactive attitude when preparing staff and premises for the impact of new legislation.
• Innovation: Whether developing training techniques, voluntarily imposing restrictions on problem products or other new ideas.
[btn link=”https://form.jotform.com/62476407468970″ target=”_blank” color=”red” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]
Imperial Tobacco Limited is a market leading UK tobacco manufacturer, headquartered in Bristol, England. Our product portfolio includes tobacco brands like Lambert & Butler, JPS, Player’s, and Golden Virginia. We’re extremely proud of our long-standing association with the Scottish Grocer Awards and the Responsible Retailing category. Responsible retailing should be at the forefront of all retailers’ minds and we look forward to recognising this excellence and congratulating the winners at the 2017 ceremony.