The innovation award recognises that innovation is crucial to community retailing in Scotland and that the country has some remarkably innovative convenience retailers. The Innovation Award will be presented to a store, retailer or retailing company that has shown new thinking and/or imaginative application of existing best practice to improve the service offered to customers and improve commercial performance.
Convenience stores and convenience store companies in Scotland are eligible to enter The Innovation Award.
Judges will be looking for:
• Effective new thinking New ideas, new products or new services, staff training initiatives or changes to the way a store works that have achieved positive results for a c-store or c-store retail company in the last year.
• Effective changes For example, changes to layout, the introduction of new deals or solutions (such as meal for tonight offers), the introduction of new ways to communicate with customers.
• Good use of equipment and materials Excellent, imaginative use of items like chillers, promotional stands and point-of sale material to create areas of interest to customers and a sense of theatre in store.
• Good use of technology Different stores will have different levels of technology in use, of course, but we’ll be keen to see imaginative use of hardware and software, where it is available, in everything from stock control to media screens, loyalty schemes and more.
• Great examples of customer engagement Those could include organised events, imaginative involvement in local galas, work with local schools, or great use of social media.
• Learning Not all innovation works perfectly every time but you can always learn from new projects. What have you learned from innovating?
[btn link=”https://form.jotform.com/62476407468970″ target=”_blank” color=”red” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]
Over six decades the JET brand has been at the forefront of innovation on the forecourt. JET introduced the first forecourt convenience store and also the price sign, which is now seen on the threshold of all forecourts. More recently, JET has innovated through dual branding on the forecourt, attracting discerning shoppers and building footfall through its convenience store partnership. JET was also the first forecourt brand in the UK to introduce a consumer-facing social media site, positioning itself as a fun and engaging brand. We look forward to congratulating the winner of the Innovation Award in 2017.