Forecourt Retailer of the Year
Forecourts have been changing and today the leading forecourt retailers are some of the best operators in the convenience retailing industry – providing product ranges and shopping environments to suit motorists and many other customers. And many independent and managed forecourts provide excellent service in the increasingly important categories of hot beverages and food to go.
Judges will be looking for:
• An excellent overall convenience retailing product range and service designed to suit the clientele of the forecourt – including motorists, local residents and others.
• A well laid-out retailing area, well-trained staff and excellent systems that make shopping in the forecourt shop quick and easy for fuel customers and those shopping for other goods.
• Good understanding of the local market including: the forecourt’s customers and potential customers; local competition; and business opportunities for the future.
• A good fuel operation and, where applicable, good presentation of other auto-related services such as car washes etc.
• An excellent hot beverages and food-to-go offer. In terms of the hot beverages offer judges will be particularly interested in:
– Excellent visibility and communication of the hot beverages service offered at the forecourt, including external signs or banners to attract passing trade. Good positioning of the hot beverages unit in the store to encourage impulse purchase and possible incremental purchases of other goods – such as food to go, confectionery etc. Good use of internal signs and point-of-sale materials. Good hot beverages promotional activities.
– Good staff training in hot beverage equipment, product knowledge and customer service.
– Excellent cleaning and maintenance of the hot beverages area.
– Good commercial performance in terms of hot beverages sales and profit.
[btn link=”https://form.jotform.com/62476407468970″ target=”_blank” color=”red” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]
Costa Express is a quick, convenient way for forecourt and convenience locations to offer self-serve Costa coffee to customers on the go. We work with more than 1000 partners across the UK and are the leading provider of self-serve quality coffee machines to forecourts, convenience stores and motorway service areas.
Costa Express machines provide a range of Costa coffees as well as hot chocolate drinks. Only Costa’s famous Mocha Italia coffee beans are used, freshly ground for every cup and only ever made with fresh milk. To find out more about how Costa Express can help you make the most of your business simply contact www.costaexpressbusiness.co.uk