Entry tips I Closing date: Friday 6 November 2015
Beer Retailer of the Year
Many of Scotland’s best convenience stores have enthusiastically embraced modern beer retailing in recent years – providing beers of different types that are excellently presented and, very often, expertly chilled to suit a public that entertains at home.
But beer is a constantly developing market so great beer retailers have to know their customers’ requirements well and know how different beers fit best in their offer.
Judges of the Beer Retailer of the Year will be looking for:
• An excellent understanding of the store’s customer base and how it is likely to influence demand for beer in the store.
• Good knowledge of available beers and packs and of how they can meet the needs of consumers buying beer for various occasions.
• Excellent presentation of beer including well-ranged and merchandised chillers and, where appropriate, good ambient displays.
• Good extra displays, in line with Scottish rules on alcohol marketing, for example good use of multipack and promotional beer stacks in the alcohol display area.
• Effective use of point-of-sale material and other beer promotional items.
• Effective engagement with suppliers’ activities, including those linked to brand sponsorships.
• Excellent knowledge of different types of beer and the ability to suggest beers to customers.
• Good staff training on the store’s beer offer. Good staff knowledge of, and interest, in beer.
• Good knowledge of seasonal and other opportunities (for example major football tournaments) and examples of benefits being achieved and maximised.
• Good systems to ensure availability at busy beer periods including sporting events, barbecue season and Christmas/New Year.
[btn link=”http://form.jotformpro.com/form/52382824574966″ target=”_blank” color=”forestGreen” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]
Tennent’s Lager is Scotland’s biggest selling beer brand and has been crafted with pride at Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow since 1885, by people know a thing or two about beer. Wellpark has become part of the Glasgow landscape over the years but our lager is famous far beyond the city. A firm favourite with Scottish consumers, Tennent’s Lager is a must stock product for any retailer.
We recently expanded our family of products to include Black T, a decidedly Scottish 4.7% ABV premium bottled lager brewed using the finest ingredients – the majority of which are home grown. Black T is the perfect choice for consumers looking for something a little different.
With our expertise in brewing great tasting beer and your knowledge of retail, we’re looking forward to helping you serve consumers all across Scotland in 2016 and beyond.