Beer and Cider Retailer of the Year
Many of Scotland’s best convenience stores have enthusiastically embraced modern beer and cider retailing in recent years – providing products of different types that are excellently presented and, very often, expertly chilled to suit a public that entertains at home.
But beer and cider is a constantly developing market so retailers have to know their customers’ requirements well and know how different beers and ciders fit best in their offer.
Judges of the Beer and cider Retailer of the Year will be looking for:
• An excellent understanding of the store’s customer base and how it is likely to influence demand for beer and cider in the store.
• Good knowledge of available beers, ciders and packs and of how they can meet the needs of consumers buying for various occasions.
• Excellent presentation of beer and cider including well-ranged and merchandised chillers and, where appropriate, good ambient displays.
• Good extra displays, in line with Scottish rules on alcohol marketing, for example good use of multipack and promotional stacks in the alcohol display area.
• Effective use of point-of-sale material and other beer and cider promotional items.
• Effective engagement with suppliers’ activities, including those linked to brand sponsorships.
• Excellent knowledge of different types of beer and cider and the ability to suggest these to customers.
• Good staff training on the store’s beer and cider offer. Good staff knowledge of, and interest in, beer and cider.
• Good knowledge of seasonal and other opportunities (for example major football tournaments) and examples of benefits being achieved and maximised.
• Good systems to ensure availability at busy periods including sporting events, barbecue season and Christmas/New Year.
[btn link=”https://form.jotform.com/62476407468970″ target=”_blank” color=”red” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]
Carlsberg UK is one of the country’s largest beer and beverage companies and our vision is to be the best in the UK by delighting our customers through great service and great brands and we continually strive to put our customers and consumers at the heart of what we do. We produce and sell some of the UK’s best known and most loved brands including Carlsberg, Carlsberg Export, San Miguel, Tetley’s, Tuborg and Somersby Cider and import premium world beers including Spain’s number one beer Mahou, among others.
Our sponsorship of the Beer and Cider Retailer of the Year award enables us not only to reward retailers who are fully embracing the opportunity, but it also demonstrates to other retailers the results which can be achieved through stocking the right range and applying good merchandising practice in the category.