Bakery Retailer of the Year
Two Awards: • Managed Store • Independent Store
Like many food categories, Bakery is evolving as it responds to wider changes within the British economy (increase in smaller households, focus on health and the growing desire for convenience). These macro changes are dramatically affecting choices that were previously in favour of Bread. Only by responding to consumer and shopper needs can we grow the category. The Bakery Retailer of the Year will demonstrate their ability to respond to these changes and much more…
Judges will look for:
• A great position in-store for the main bakery fixture and, where possible, good use of secondary display.
• Excellent availability across core best sellers at all times of the trading day.
• Well-merchandised bakery fixtures which meet key shopper missions (top-up) for your store type.
• A fixture space that reflects sales by sector and future category projections (i.e. growing space to non-bread sectors like sandwich thins, wraps, bagels and breakfast products).
• A display where shoppers can easily find what they need, (the category is merchandised using customer’s decision process in mind i.e. wrapped and ISB separated, then large bread by type, small loaves all together and non-bread merchandised in a way which reflects different occasions.)
• Good visibility of new products, especially within non-bread, and an understanding of cross-category promotional opportunities.
• Effective use of range and promotion mechanics across good, better, best to suit the customer demographic in your area (use of PMP and where appropriate premium offerings to add value beyond price.)
[btn link=”https://form.jotform.com/62476407468970″ target=”_blank” color=”red” size=”size-l” ]Enter now[/btn]
Warburtons, the UK’s number one bakery brand1 and the most chosen brand in the UK2, is once again proud to be the sponsor of the bakery retailer of the year category, in the Scottish Grocer Awards.
Sources: 1. The Nielsen Company, Total Coverage unit and value sales, 52 w/e 18.06.16 2. Kantar Worldpanel, Brand Footprint Survey, May 2016